Friday, June 1, 2012

Landscape Design:

This is one of my favorite parts about Gardening – Designing the Layout. Over the winter I had a lot of time to plan and sketch out different ideas. When I was selecting my plants, I decided to use plants that I already knew were good, hearty plants that grew well in this area. I took note of what was already growing well in my other gardens. However, here is one book that I did find to be to be helpful: “Garden Plants for Iowa”

I can’t tell you how many different drawing and plans I drew! Things you’ll want to keep when in mind when you’re planning your garden is, what is the purpose and function for this garden. My garden was to be decorative, something fun for our customers to walk through and enjoy. With that in mind, I knew I wanted something of a path/walk way in the garden. I also wanted a center focal piece. That’s where our Lady Fountain came into play. Everything would revolve around her.


No comments:

Post a Comment